December 28, 2010

Now Playing: 12/27 - 1/2

DaringOne's Playlist:
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Xbox 360 Kinect
Dance Central - Xbox 360 Kinect
Kinect Adventures - Xbox 360 Kinect
Kinect Sports - Xbox 360 Kinect
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Xbox 360
Fable III - Xbox 360

Holy playlist Batman!  Well, I got Kinect and a truckload of stuff to go with it, so the PS3 is collecting some dust and it's time to put the Kinect thoroughly through its paces.

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - So far, this "game" is as expected.  Get a good workout, and it's not perfect in telling you if you're right in doing whatever the exercise is.  I'll say this, this 31 year old body couldn't play it two days in a row.

Dance Central - Of all the games that should have video capture and share, this should be it.  Sadly, it doesn't.  I had a few people over recently, and I'm telling you that would have been some YouTube GOLD if it had been captured.  Fun, and you make an utter fool out of yourself.

Kinect Adventures - Solid pack-in game, nothing more, nothing less.  You'll have fun, and it will likely be the game you show everyone first if you bought the Kinect.

Kinect Sports - So of the group, this is the one that's not so hot.  Turns out my Kinect preview was more about the software I was playing than the hardware, as this is the game (the track and field event) that I played way back in August.  This is easily the laggiest of the Kinect games I've played so far, and the game suffers for it.  Were it not so laggy, this would be a respectable game.  As it stands, it takes 3rd among the "sports collection motion games" behind Sports Champions and Wii Sports respectively.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - I've got quite a bit of time in this one, and am conflicted.  I love Criterion, but the more I play this game, the more I realize that it doesn't hold up for a long time in the way that Burnout Paradise did.  I'm glad I've got more time in this now, because it's actually going to change my review score.

Fable III - Pretty much finished here.  Have 870 of the 1,000 Achievement points, going back through with my evil character now to pick up the Cheevo for not being knocked out, as I ended up getting knocked out in a trivial battle because I wasn't paying close enough attention to what was happening.  Once I have that 50, I doubt I'll be playing it much more until the inevitable DLC comes out.

So yeah, how in the world do I balance all these games???  I'm only one guy, with a wife and a kid.  Answer, I don't.  One or more will certainly be getting neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment