February 22, 2012

Vita 3G Launch Bundle Free Game and Data Pack Require Initial Data Pack Purchase



Well this kinda sucked...
The seemingly awesome deal for Playstation Vita buyers getting the launch bundle lost a bit of its luster as I cracked the box on my new beauty.  There's the small matter of how the bonus items work that seemingly nobody reported on.  While there aren't (and couldn't be) any strings attached to the 8GB memory card that comes with the system, to get the free 250MB data pack and your copy of Super Stardust Delta, you must first purchase a 250MB datapack through AT&T.  While you're still getting $25 worth of free stuff in the deal, having to put out the $15 to get it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

UPDATE - On top of that... you don't get your free game for 30 days.  So if you bought the system thinking you'd have a game to play out of the box, you're sadly mistaken.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw one of these that a guy I know has, I think I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even having no games for mine at the moment... I've had fun playing with Welcome Park and just tinkering with it. I hope to rectify this situation today :-)

    ReplyDelete